Malfunctioning air conditioner sparks fire

BATON ROUGE, LA. – An air conditioner malfunctioned and caused a fire in a home on Sunday afternoon.

Around 3:30 p.m., Baton Rouge firefighters arrived at the home on Harvey Drive. According to fire officials, all three people were able to escape the residence and were uninjured by the fire.

The fire was restricted to one rear wall, according to fire officials, but the entire house was damaged by smoke and water. – Source

Air conditioning repairs and regular maintenance are the key to safely cooling your home.